Sunday, March 6, 2011

Frugal Find -- Lantern Pendant Light

I had only been on Craigslist once or twice until we went under contract on the house. Now, I am slightly addicted. So when David and I went to Florida to visit family and friends, I searched the Orlando listings and found this beauty.


Pottery Barn Hundi Lantern

A woman in Orlando had recently remodeled her home and ended up not using this fixture and lucky for me couldn't return it because it was past the return window. The lantern sells on Pottery Barn for $269, but I managed to snag it for $140. Score.

Now this rustic but elegant fixture is proudly hanging in the entryway. It's a huge improvement over the tiny little thing that hung there before.


Before -- the tiny pendant on the left.



After -- lights off.

After -- lights on. 
Another view for scale. 

The bonus? At night the light looks striking from the road as it shines a welcoming glow through the window.

I had my eye on this fixture for couple of months after seeing my dream kitchen remodel. And lucky for you, you too can have a nearly identical fixture. It was my backup plan had fate not brought me to the one in Orlando. Check out this light on overstock.com. Can't find a difference? Me either.

No comments: