Monday, June 27, 2011

Feeling Crafty -- Door Wreath


After searching the internet looking for wreaths to purchase and finding nothing I liked for under $30, I decided to get crafty. I printed a Michael's coupon and headed there after work. My initial plan was to make a boxwood wreath with white berries. Here is the loot I collected for about $12. 


Wreath Making Loot - wreath, faux boxwood garland, wire,
ribbon, and berries.

I took the faux boxwood garland and tied it with green floral wire to the wreath form. Attaching it with wire every 2-3 inches to make sure everything is secure.


Loop your wire in the front and tie both ends in the back.

Keep all of the wire twists on the back side.

After attaching all of the boxwood, I placed the berry branches on top to see what they would look like. After staring and rearranging, I decided I liked the boxwood au natural. The plus? My project went from $12 to $9! I added an ivory bow so it would hang a bit lower on the door and have some visual interest.


The finished product!

This incredibly simple and cheap project added so much to our door, giving our curb appeal an extra boost!


Look at that pretty door.

Have you had a crafty inspiration lately? Was it because you are a penny-pincher like me?



    

No comments: